One of the most popular hairpieces is lace front wigs. Lace front wigs are in high demand because of its natural appearance. This is why lace front wigs are so costly. We have a solution for you to have a beautifully customized wig without paying those ridiculous prices — make your very own lace front wig!
* Please note — You will spend more money making your first wig due to the materials needed to make wigs such as a wig head, t-pins, etc. Most material will be a 1 time buy or could be used to make numerous wigs before you need to purchase again.*
What is a lace front wig?
Lace Front Wigs — is a small sheer lace panel along the front hairline attached to the frontal of the wig. The hair strands are hand-sewn into the holes of the lace.
Wearing lace front wigs is very simple because they are stretchy and cover the entire scalp area and gives the appearance of a natural hairline.
What materials do I need?
- mesh dome-style wig cap.
- wig head.
- thread/needle or glue.
- 3–4 bundles of hair with a closure or frontal.
- wig pole/stand. (optional)
- lace front glue. (optional)
Remember, your first time making a wig is probably going to be a learning process that everyone goes through. Not even the best stylists learned how to make a wig on their first try and create something that is going to go viral.
How long does it take to make a wig?
Making a wig requires patience. Your first time may take about 4 hours, but don’t get discouraged. As you become familiar with making wigs, you will be able to have one made in an hour or less.
How many bundles should I use?
It all depends on the lengths you desire.
A lace frontal or closure is required to complete a lace front wig.
What is a frontal?
Lace Frontals — this hairpiece covers the front of the head from ear to ear. Wearing a frontal hairpiece will protect your hairline from becoming damaged and provide maximum versatility when it comes to styling hair extensions.
What is closure?
A closure piece is a small piece of lace fabric, usually about 3.5”x4”, with individual strands of hair ventilated through and knotted directly to the lace.
Below is a video that will guide you step by step to create your custom lace front wig with a closure.
- You can follow the same exact steps in the video to create a lace front wig with a frontal … just use a frontal.
If you follow each step carefully you will do just fine making your very own lace front wig!
- How many bundles of hair do I need?
- “Bleaching Knots”
- How To Start Selling Virgin Hair
- What is Virgin Hair?
- Hair Business Opportunity!
How to make a lace front wig cap
How to make a lace front wig with a closure
How to make a lace front wig look naturally